Davao Medical School Foundation - Philippines
The Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) is run by San Pedro College & Hospital, Ateneo de Davao University, and the Development of People’s Foundation. It was established in the year 1976 with 2.5 hectare campus area in the Davao City, Philippines. DMSF is the first medical college setup in Mindanao region. This medical college has courses under College of Medicine, College of Dentistry, College of Midwifery and College of Nursing. It is one of the top medical college in Philippines recognized by Medical Council of India(MCI).
Davao Medical College Campus Tour
Why Study MBBS In DMSF?
- DMSF is more than 40 years old and ranks 6th among Philippines Medical Colleges.
- Davao Medical College Foundation has state of the art lab infrastructure such as mannequin simulation labs, 3-D Image dissection Laboratory, etc
- Medium of Teaching is English
- The semester exam pattern of Davao Medical College is similar to that of the MCI Screening test – MCQ (Multiple choice questions) based evaluation.
- Affiliated Hospital has more than 3000 beds for In-patients
- More than 500 Indian students are currently studying in Davao medical college.
- Hundreds of Indian students have graduated from DMSF and are practising in renowned Hospitals in India and many other countries.
- Separate Hostel for Indian Boy Students & Girl Students located close to the Davao Medical School campus helps students to focus on studies.
- Separate Mess for Boys and Girls Hostel with Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian Indian Food Available.
- Food cooked by Indian Cooks with authentic Indian taste.
- Five Batches of Indian Students have already graduated from Davao Medical School Foundation
DMSF medical program (BS-MD) for Indian students is recognized by MCI. The course duration is 5.6 months. The first 18 months of the program is called BS course followed by MD course for four years. Davao Medical School Foundation provides opportunity to Indian students to do BS Course either in Philippines or in Pune. After completing BS Course in Pune and passing NMAT exam, students can enrol in MD Course which should be done in the Philippines campus.
Tuition Fees and Living Cost
The total tuition fees for medical course in Davao medical school foundation comes to around Rs 20 lakhs. Tuition fees needs to be paid directly to the university bank account. Apart from tuition fees, students would incur one time visa processing and travel expense of Rs 1.25 lakhs for their first entry into Philippines. The first year fees would be around 7 lakhs and the rest 5 years fees would be around 3 lakhs. For hostel accommodation and food, the fees would be around 1.75 lakhs/annum. If student prefers to do BS course in Pune, India, then the hostel fees would be around 1.5 lakhs/annum.
Davao Medical College Infrastructure:
Davao Medical School is located in the heart of the Davao City. Davao is the third largest city in Philippines with more than 18 lakh population. The campus area is 6 acre which houses college building as well as hospital building.
The facilities provided by the Davao College of Medicine are one of the best in the Philippines. Its IT and laboratory infrastructure and equipment prepares medical students for global competition.
Davao medical school has two library which are open from 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. on weekdays and 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. on weekends. This library has subscription to international medical journals. The library is recently renovated to bring in International standards.
Hostel and Accommodation
Fully air-conditioned hostel facility is available for Indian students. Both South and North Indian food is available in the mess.
Davao Medical School Foundation gives equal importance to physical health and sports as it does on academics. DMSF provides all the necessary facilities and equipment to the students in order to maintain good health as well as physical fitness.
It has outdoor ground for cricket, hockey, football, tennis, base ball, volley ball, basket ball. The Indoor stadium has facility for dance, aerobics and gymnasium.
Reaching Davao Medical College
Davao City is located in Mindanao island, one of the major island in Philippines. Davao is connected directly to Singapore, Malaysia by airway. Indian students can reach Davao through Singapore airlines. Davao medical school is located in the heart of the Davao city, which is 9 kilometers away from the Davao Francisco Bangoy International Airport.
DMSF Hospital is a four storey building located within the college campus with 100-bed capacity. The built-up area is 10,000 square meter which contains more than 20 general wards, suite rooms, private rooms, semi private room facilities.
Davao Medical College is affiliated with San Pedro Hospital which is owned by the Dominican Sisters of the Trinity. This hospital was established in 1948 with 350+ bed capacity. San Pedro College Students also come to this hospital for clinical practice.
Davao Doctors Hospital is multi speciality hospital established in 1969 with 250+ bed capacity to serve the patients. This hospital is affiliated for Davao Medical College students for doing clinical practice.